All volunteers working with children at Holy Family Parish are required to complete a three hour VIRTUS training program which focuses on educating teachers, parents, and other adults who interact with children about sexual abuse and providing them with information to help prevent abuse. The training session consist of videos, worksheets and discussions which empower people to better control risks and improve the safety of our children. (The information below is explained at the training sessions.)
In addition to the VIRTUS class, all volunteers are required to complete the following:
- Diocese of Cleveland's Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse, revised 2016
- Diocese of Cleveland 2016 Standards of Conduct Policy For Ministry
Forms volunteers MUST complete:
- Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review of the Diocese of Cleveland's Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse, rev. 2016
- Standard of Conduct Acknowledgement Form rev. 2016
- Volunteer Application Form
Create an online VIRTUS account: registration page
- Log into your VIRTUS account at virtusonline.org
- Click TOOLBOX on the top bar
- Choose the Selection.com background check on the sidebar
- Continue the registration process
- There is a one-time fee of $25.00. If finances are a concern, contact Mrs. Heather Hawk Frank ([email protected]) for school volunteers or Mrs. Diane Hurtuk ([email protected]) for PSR, CYO and other volunteers.
Click here to register online or to see list of all available sessions. Select Cleveland Diocese from the drop down menu.
Spring 2020 Sessions at Holy Family:
- May 8th at 9 am
- May 16th at 9:30 am
For more information contact Mrs. Heather Hawk Frank: 330-688-3816 or Mrs. Diane Hurtuk: 330-688-6412 ext. 273.