Listed below are the dates Holy Family will be offering Virtus training: (All located in the Lower Church Hall)
- Wednesday, August 10th from 6:30pm - 9:30pm in Rm 1
- Thursday, August 18th from 6pm - 9pm in Rm 1
- Wednesday, August 31st from 9am - 12pm in Rm 1
- Thursday, September 15th from 6pm - 9pm in Rm 1
- Thursday, September 22nd from 9am - 12pm in Rm 1
- Monday, October 17th from 9am - 12pm in Rm 1
- Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm - 9pm in Rm 1
Visit virtusonline to learn more.
All volunteers working with children at Holy Family Parish are required to complete a three hour VIRTUS training program which focuses on educating teachers, parents, and other adults who interact with children about sexual abuse and providing them with information to help prevent abuse. The training session consist of videos, worksheets and discussions which empower people to better control risks and improve the safety of our children. (The information below is explained at the training sessions.)
In addition to the VIRTUS class, all volunteers are required to complete the following:
- Diocese of Cleveland's Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse
- Diocese of Cleveland Standards of Conduct
Forms volunteers MUST complete:
Create an online VIRTUS account: registration page
- Log into your VIRTUS account at virtusonline.org
- Click TOOLBOX on the top bar
- Choose the Selection.com background check on the sidebar
- Continue the registration process
- There is a one-time fee of $25.00. If finances are a concern, contact Mrs. Heather Hawk Frank ([email protected]) for school volunteers or Mrs. Jamie Heinl ([email protected]) for PSR, CYO and other volunteers.
Click here to register online or to see list of all available sessions. Select Cleveland Diocese from the drop down menu.
For more information contact Mrs. Heather Hawk Frank: 330-688-3816 or Mrs. Jamie Heinl: 330-688-6412 ext. 213.