Altar Servers are girls and boys in Grades 5 through high school who serve the entire congregation by assisting the priest at Mass. Training sessions are held in the Spring. Adult Servers are adults who serve the entire congregation by assisting the priest at Mass for funerals and special Parish Liturgies. Training is held as needed. Serving Mass is a privilege and an opportunity for you to play a role in the celebration of our most important form of community worship, the Eucharistic Liturgy. Serving requires your attention, your reverence, and your recognition of the duties to be performed. Thank you for accepting these responsibilities.
- Altar Server Manual - UPDATED September 2018
- Student Altar Server Contacts: John Green at 330-920-1108; [email protected] - training
- Adult Altar Server Contacts
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion have the special responsibility of helping the clergy to distribute the Body and Blood of Christ, both at Mass and to the elderly and homebound. Trainings are provided in the spring and fall.
- EM Procedures - updated July 2019 | Church diagram
- Scheduling Questions? Email James Reed at [email protected]
Important Reminder for all Eucharistic Ministers: Please remember to go to the sacristy immediately after Mass to wash the vessels if you are scheduled for that weekend. Our Mass captains have been doing it more and more, since no one shows up to do so. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Thank you!
Lectors & Commentators
Lectors are those who proclaim the scriptures at Liturgies. Training is offered as needed.
Commentators call the assembly to worship at the beginning of Mass and read the Prayer of the Faithful (petitions).
- Lector/Commentator Schedules:
- Role and Responsibilities of the Lector (pdf)
- Role and Responsibilities of the Commentator (pdf)
- Lectors & Commentator Substitute Contact List
Ministers of Hospitality (Ushers)
Ministers of Hospitality welcome parishioners as they enter for Mass, see that those with special needs are accommodated, arrange for gift-bearers, take up weekly offerings and distribute bulletins.
- Usher Schedule: July | August
- Role and Responsibilities of the Usher (pdf)
- If you are in need of the Ministers of Hospitality Phone Contact List, please email request to [email protected]. PLEASE NOTE: Your name must appear on the list to receive a copy.
Contact Jim Richards at 330-922-0732 if interested in becoming a Minister of Hospitality.