Year of Mercy
The Jubilee of Mercy was announced by Pope Francis as a year to be lived intensely in each particular Church, allowing every person to encounter the mercy of God the Father through diligent labor for the Church’s mission there.
Click to view Biography of Father Anthony Marshall, SSS
This includes descriptions of the Corporal & Spiritual Works of Mercy, as well as monthly suggestions of ways work mercy into your daily life. There are also monthly scripture reflections on mercy to use within your families & parishes.
Here you will find resources for how the Holy Father is asking the faithful to celebrate this Holy Jubilee Year of Mercy – including the prayer, hymn, pastoral resources, and ways to get involved even in Rome.
Women of Grace - A powerful Catholic study for women, based on Johnnette Benkovic's program, "Full of Grace," will once again be offered at Holy Family Parish.
- Includes group study, video lecture and prayer.
- 9 week study meets every Thursday, February 4 - April 7 (no meeting March 24)
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. in Room 1 of the LCH
- Will need the book "Full of Grace" by Johnnette Benkovic and the companion Study Guide, can be ordered at www.womenofgrace.com
- Please call to register
Six-week Bereavement Support Series - Tuesday, February 2, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Victory Parish Center, 73 North Ave. , Tallmadge
Evenings will provide insight, understanding and support to those who mourn the loss of a loved one.
- Many common issues surrounding grief and healing will be discussed, grounded in faith and surrounded by those who care and understand.
Tribunal of the Diocese of Cleveland will offer First Step - Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Holy Family Church in Room 1, LCH.
This event is to assist people in their understanding of the Church's teachings on marriage, divorce, remarriage and annulments as a path to healing and closure.
SAVE THE DATE - February 9th at 6:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus #3410 Hall at 2055 Glenmount Avenue, Akron
- Philip Keller, better known as radio personality "Trapper Jack," will deliver a special pre-Lenten talk. Come listen as he reflects on his journey of faith as a legally blind man whose blindness surprisingly led him back to the Catholic Church. He will also share his insights on the power of the Holy Rosary.
- Sponsored by the Akron Serra Club and the South Akron Knights of Columbus.
Young Adult Lenten Retreat - Young adults in their twenties and thirties are invited to a retreat, "Jesus, the Face of God's Mercy" at Bethany Retreat Center in Chardon. The retreat begins Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. and runs until Sunday, February 14 at Noon. This event includes young adult witness talks, time for quiet and for sharing, the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Sunday Mass. The cost is $40. Register at www.charisministries.org.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend on February 12-14, 2016 or October 14-16, 2016 in Hudson, Ohio
Jesus came into the world to bring the good news, to proclaim liberty, give the recovery of sight, and free the opressed. Are you letting Him proclaim the good news to you in your marriage? Let the Lord strengthen, renew and rekindle your marriage sacrament by attending one of these weekends. Apply at greatmarriagesohio.org
Annual Mother/Son Bowling Party - All mothers & sons, grandmothers & grandsons, aunts & nephews are welcome to join in the fun! See attached flyer for details.
The 2016 Catholic Charities Annual In-Pew Appeal is Feb 6-7.
Your support is an act of mercy that will change lives.
Please be generous!
Holy Family School Alumni and Archbishop Hoban High School, Senior Rebecca Weiss to compete on Academic Challenge.
She will join teammates Ian Mitchell and James Parisi as they compete against John Marshall on Academic Challenge. The episode will air on News Channel 5, WEWS, on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. Good Luck to Rebecca and her team!
COUPLES MINISTRY: Here is an opportunity for married couples who may be interested in assisting priests and deacons with preparing engaged couples for the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Couple Ministers serve the important role of mentor and guide for engaged couples. By their training, they represent the church to the couples whom they minister; by their experience as married couples, they represent a unique and valuable perspective that enriches the whole process of marriage preparation.
- Couple Ministers are trained to discuss the results of the Prepare and Enrich survey taken by the engaged coupes and other areas pertinent to the marriage.
- Couple Ministers generally meet in their own homes with the engaged couple. The number of meetings depends on the needs of the engaged couple, typically 3 to 5 sessions.
- Suitable couples should be married, active in the practice of their faith and stable in their relationship. They should be married long enough to have lived through the initial adjustment of marriage (generally 5 years or more) yet young enough to relate to the needs and experiences of the engaged couple.
- Please contact Fr. Rosing or Fr. Ausperk if interested
- Training consists of a 5-session program held at Holy Family Parish on Wednesday evenings: March 30, April 6, 13, 20 and 27, from 7:00-9:30 p.m. in Room 1 LCH.
- Training offered free of charge to Holy Family Parishoners.
THE BEST CATHOLIC CONTENT ALL IN ONE PLACE
We are excited to announce that our parish has subscribed to a dynamic new online platform called FORMED. Every parishioner will have 24/7 access to the best Catholic content on any device, including your computer, smartphone and tablet with internet access. With FORMED you'll find: video programs that explain the Catholic faith, explore the deepest meaning of marriage, receive Bible studies on a variety of topics, have meaningful faith discussions with teens with YDisciple, listen to CD’s, watch movies and download books. View a trailer by copying/pasting this link: https://vimeo.com/137416989
You can access programs, videos, books, movies and CD's by logging on to www.formed.org. Scroll down the page until you see "For Individuals". Under "If you are a Formed.org Parish, enter your code here" and enter the following code HPREGN
Click on submit - Register -Once you are registered you will have access to some of the best Catholic resources available to get FORMED!
Visit the FORMED Page
Youth Ministry News
Knights of Columbus
Krispy Kreme Donut Sale - February 6 & 7 following all the Masses. Dozen glazed donuts for $6.00, with profits donated to Christian Refugee Relief Fund.
The Knights of Columbus of Holy Family Catholic Church - Lenten Fish Fry Dinners each Friday during Lent: February 12- March 18, Visit our Knights of Columbus website.
- All fish fry dinners will be held in the Lower Church Hall of Holy Family Church
- Dinner Served from 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Children 12 & under $5.00
- Entrees - Baked Tilapia ($8.50), Fried Beer Battered Cod ($8.50), Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp ($8.50), Mac&Cheese ($8.50), and Cheese Pizza ($6.50)
- Choice of two sides - French Fries, Hush Puppies, Seasoned Rice, Mac&Cheese, Pierogies, Salad, Cole Slaw or Veggie Pie. (Each Additional Side $1.50)
- Coffee & Punch are provided along with a Roll & Butter
- Additional charge for Bottled Water, Soft Drinks and Assorted Desserts
- A portion of the proceeds is donated back to the Parish.
Holy Family School
Holy Family School Catholic Schools Week 2016 - Visit HFS website for details.
Lent 2016 Schedule
- Tuesday, February 9 at 8:55 a.m. - Bury the Alleluia
- Wednesday, February 10 at 9:30 a.m. - Ash Wednesday Mass
- Friday, February 19 at 8:55 a.m. - School Mass
- Friday, February 26 at 8:55 a.m. - School Mass
- Friday, March 4 at 8:55 a.m. - School Mass
- Friday, March 11 at 9:30 a.m. - Penance Service, Grades 2-8
- Friday, March 18 at 8:55 a.m. - School Mass
- Friday, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. - Stations of the Cross
- Tuesday, March 29 at 8:55 a.m. - Raising the Alleluia
- School Service Project, Food Drive: Monday-Friday, March 7 - 11
Older Adult Ministry News
- Christ's Crafters meet every Wednesday 1-3 pm in lower church hall.
- The Diabetic Support Group will meet Monday, February 8, from 7-8:30 pm in Room 1 of the lower church hall.
Register for Sacraments
- Upcoming Baptism preparation classes for parents will take place on March 9, 2016. more info
Religious Education News
- We are still accepting registrations for the 2015-16 Parochial School of Religion (PSR) and Sunday School sessions. For more info and to register online visit the PSR page or the Sunday School page.
- PSR Teachers & Aides -- Holy Family’s Parish Religious Education Department is looking for volunteers to teach or assist teachers in the classrooms. Classes meet Sunday mornings, 10:45-12:00. Contact Diane Hurtuk at 330-688-6412, x273 or email@example.com to arrange an interview.
Parish Event Calendar
Holy Family Parish - Mass Calendar
- Reverend Paul J. Rosing, Pastor
- Father Michael Ausperk, Parochial Vicar
- John Green, Deacon
- Phil Kamlowsky, Deacon
- Judy Biros, Worship and Music Director
- Barbie Byrne, Pastoral Associate
- Ed Coia, Business Manager
- Judy Dobos, Liturgical Ministries Coordinator
- Susan Figler, Development Director
- Sharon Fournier, Principal
- Diane Hurtuk, Religious Education Director
- Rich Malecky, Operations Manager
- Joan Skalak, Pastoral Minister
Rectory Office Hours
Mon - Tues: 8am-noon, 1pm-8pm
Wed - Fri: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm
Sat: 9am-noon, 1pm-5pm
Website: Submit your copy ready website information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines for materials are the 10th and 25th of each month to be posted by the 15th and 30th of the month respectively.
Bulletin: Submit your copy ready bulletin announcement via email at email@example.com. Deadline for materials sent electronically is noon Saturday for publication on the following weekend. Hard copy announcements will need to be submitted by noon on Wednesday, 10 days prior to the publication weekend.